Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 3 & Counting

Current Weight - 205
Total Weight Loss - 15 lbs.

Well, the good news is that I have lost about 15 pounds! The bad news is that it was because of an unfortunate medical situation. I was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks! I suppose that if I had to go through it, I at least deserve for something good to come out of it :) The reason for my prolonged hospitalization was gallstones and and pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). I don't wish either on ANYONE, they're both awful! Both have special diets, and they are both low fat diets. I also can't eat quickly (not that I did before), and my portions have to be very small. At first, this wasn't a problem because I didn't have much of an appetite, but now that my appetite has returned a little, it has changed my eating habits significantly. My actual meals need to be very low fat and small. Well, I'm still a big girl and am hungry like, all the time. So, I end up having quite a few snacks. I obviously need to keep those really low-fat as well. Low-fat snacks are typically recommended for good weight loss plans anyway, so this is a lifestyle change that will be good for me. Because I have been out of commission, I don't have much to update, but hopefully in the next couple weeks with the lifestyle changes and adding a tiny little bit of exercise (only as I'm able), I'll have more to update and weight to lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment